Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The Super-Rivalry That Rocked Metropolis!": Part of the untitled "Dominus Effect" storyline, this is the third of three stories with Superman cast into the Silver Age reality, which starts off with Batman mysteriously showing up in Metropolis for a date with Lois
Appearing in "The Super-Rivalry That Rocked Metropolis!"
- Batman (Silver Age Reality), revealed to be Kismet
- Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman (Silver Age Reality)
- Jor-El (Silver Age Reality)
- Jimmy Olsen (Silver Age Reality)
- Lara El (Silver Age Reality)
- Lois Lane (Silver Age Reality)
- Perry White (Silver Age Reality)
- Professor Hamilton (Silver Age Reality)
- Toyman (Silver Age Reality)
- Metropolis (Silver Age Reality)
Synopsis for "The Super-Rivalry That Rocked Metropolis!"
Part of the untitled "Dominus Effect" storyline, this is the third of three stories with Superman cast into the Silver Age reality, which starts off with Batman mysteriously showing up in Metropolis for a date with Lois Lane, which makes Superman rather jealous and suspicious of something. When Jimmy Olson accidentally exposes Superman to Red Kryptonite radiation, causing Superman's head to grow rather big, Batman covers as Superman in order to fool criminals. Batman also reveals to Superman that they both grew up together as adopted sons of the Kents, and that they both adopted costumed identities in their teens as Robin and Superboy -- a claim Superman cannot believe as actually being true from what he remembers. As Professor Hamilton appears to give Superman an antidote to his "big head problem", Jor-El and Lara show up, revealing to their son that they have escaped Krypton's destruction by traveling to another dimension called the Hyperdome. As Superman and Lois Lane are about to enter into the warp tunnel leading to this other dimension with his parents, Batman tries to warn him about the reality he's in when Professor Hamilton intervenes, striking Batman down. Superman grabs the professor's cybernetic arm to get him to control himself, but even though the arm rips off, his hand still remains as though suspender in air. It is at this point that Batman reveals himself to be Kismet, who has been trying to contact Superman, but as Jor-El and Lara re-enter the warp tunnel to return to the Hyperdome, Superman embraces Lois as they both find themselves and everything else around them vanishing.
- End of the Dominus Effect's four realities
- The use of a giant penny to capture criminals, a common staple in the Dick Sprang era of Batman comic book stories during the Silver Age, shows up here in this story.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 560 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
Links and References
- No external links.