- He's Superman. If you could control his power, would you relinquish it after only one use?
- -- Hawkman
Appearing in "Sacrifice (Part III of IV) - Remembrance"
Synopsis for "Sacrifice (Part III of IV) - Remembrance"
On the Watchtower, Superman surveys the damage he has done to the body of Batman but doesn't remember causing any of it. Wonder Woman looks on, expressing concern over the fact that one of the most powerful heroes could be controlled by someone. The Justice League meets in the conference room to review security footage - which clearly shows Superman attacking Batman unprovoked, much to the members' horror.
Martian Manhunter concludes that Superman has suffered an implanted psychotic episode, and that he must penetrate Superman's mind in order to remove it. In a final telepathic flash, Manhunter sees the face of Maxwell Lord clearly. Unfortunately, the effect cannot be undone.
The League decides to temporarily place Superman in a teleportation loop, while Diana returns Batman to Gotham City. However, Superman is manipulated into believing that the League are the ones under control of Max Lord, and he attacks them. He then returns to earth in order to confront his controller. Wonder Woman pursues him, hoping her ability to see the truth will aid her.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Sacrifice trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 642 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Images from Adventures of Superman Vol 1 642
Links and References
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.