- I'm not the one behind Ruin. In fact, I came here to do a little research on the person who is. See what they know at the Daily Planet. I used to know a reporter who could do that sort of research, but he was demoted. I wonder who made that happen?
- -- Lex Luthor
Appearing in "Breaking Point"
- Maxwell Lord (Flashback only)
- Mercy Graves
- Renée Montoya
- Wonder Woman (Diana) (Flashback only)
- Geraldine Frank
- Josef Schuman
Synopsis for "Breaking Point"
Elsewhere, Lex Luthor questions Parasite about her efforts to spy on the Society before suddenly being overcome by an unusual headache. Meanwhile, Lois travels to Umec to uncover the truth about who shot her there, and concludes that the sniper was hired by Maxwell Lord.
Superman encounters Lex downtown while following the OMACs, where Lex suggests that Ruin's identity may be someone right under Superman's nose. Both are interrupted by a blast from a weapon used by Ruin, who recognizes Luthor and confirms Superman's suspicions about his nemesis. In the ensuing fight, Superman deduces that Ruin has been using the Phantom Zone to teleport. Unfortunately, Ruin escapes as Superman receives a distress call from the Watchtower, only to arrive in space to find its wreckage.
- This book was first published on October 19, 2005.
- This issue is an Infinite Crisis crossover.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 645 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References