- There are few things in the universe that achieve perfection. The Phantom Zone is one of them. It rewrites the laws of thermodynamics with perfect penmanship...
- -- Lex Luthor
Appearing in "This is Your Life (Part III of III)"
- Alexander Luthor (cover only)
- Black Adam
- Brainiac 13
- Cheetah (Barbara Minerva)
- Doctor Polaris
- The Joker (as an OMAC)
- Lex Luthor
- Manchester Black
- Maxwell Lord
- O.M.A.C. (Omni-Mind and Community)
- Psycho-Pirate (Roger Hayden)
- Superman (Earth-Two)
- Aquaman (Orin/Arthur Curry)
- Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
- Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
- Hawkman (Carter Hall)
- Lois Lane (Earth-Two)
- Power Girl
- Robin (Tim Drake)
- Tempest (Garth)
- Wonder Woman
- Sahara Desert
Synopsis for "This is Your Life (Part III of III)"
Superman of Earth-One and Superman of Earth-Two clash with one another. With each crushing blow, they individually experience the life memories of the other. They perceive each others' realities as they would have lived them.
On Earth-One, Kal-L and his Justice League Elite sentences several villains to the Phantom Zone. Maxwell Lord secretly monitors the JLE's activities and decides that they have grown too powerful and corrupt. Wonder Woman recognizes the threat that the League may evolve into and agrees that she and her fellow Amazons will follow Maxwell Lord should he choose to take action. Lord activates the OMACs and sends them out to sanction known super-heroes.
Lex Luthor betrays his allies in the League and releases all of the previously captured villains from the Phantom Zone. They soon become host forms for the OMACs and begin devastating the Earth.
Meanwhile, on Earth-Two, Kal-El and Power Girl are the only superheroes remaining. They have worked together and eliminated virtually all crime worldwide, but when the Anti-Monitor appears, there is no way to stop him. Kal-El goes to confront him anyway, saying "I am the good. The right. Time and again I have proven that no problems exists that I can't handle. Alone", only to be defeated in two hits. It is at this point that he remembers what Batman told him in Infinite Crisis #1 - "The last time you inspired anyone was when you died."
Both Supermen continue to pummel one another despite the disturbing influx of memories. Kal-L declares that the Modern Earth is a cancer, while Kal-El decides that Earth-2 was stillborn, and that its morality was just an empty shell. Each declares that the other's Earth cannot be allowed to survive. The fight then continues as a great rift of chronal energy begins to circle around them.
- This is the final issue of series. Adventures of Superman reverts back to original title Superman (Volume 1) with issue #650.
- This fight occurs during Infinite Crisis #5.
- Superboy-Prime appears to have blonde-hair on the cover to this issue, but this reflection is due to the illumination from Alexander Luthor, Jr.'s powers as shown in Crisis on Infinite Earths #12.
- This issue gives special thanks to Joe Casey.
- The title logo for this issue actually reads, "The Last Adventures of Superman" referring to Kal-L's pending death in Infinite Crisis #7.
- Superman image gallery
- Superman appearances list
- Lex Luthor quotes page
- Superman Rogues Gallery
- Superman (Earth-Two) appearances list
- Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 649 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Action Comics #836
- Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Superman (Volume 1) #650
- Infinite Crisis #1
- Infinite Crisis #2
- Infinite Crisis #3
- Infinite Crisis #4
- Infinite Crisis #5
- Infinite Crisis #6
- Infinite Crisis #7
Links and References
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database