Ahk-Ton was a priest who lived in Ancient Egypt during the reign of Ramses II circa 1279-1230 BCE (some sources put him at closer to 2000 BCE). An alchemist discovered a meteorite and used a fragment to fashion the Orb of Ra. He presented it to Ahk-Ton in the hopes that he would use it as a symbol of peace, but instead, he used it as a means to establish his power base.
Ahk-Ton sent the Orb of Ra into the future, calculating for its return as a powerful weapon against the king. When Batman and the Outsiders arrived from the future, Ahk-Ton used the Orb to enslave Rex Mason, the current Metamorpho. Once Metamorpho was freed, Ahk-ton was defeated and taken by Ramses, who intended to slay Ahk-Ton. Ahk-ton soon resurfaced however. The radioactive properties from the meteor caused a transmutative effect on Ahk-Ton and he became the first Metamorpho.
Driven mad and drunk with power, Ahk-Ton dominated Egypt with a literal iron fist. He ravaged the kingdom of Kahndaq, killing the family of Teth-Adam. Adam could not apprehend Ahk-Ton, so he entombed his family and returned to the court of Ramses.
- Unique Physiology: Ahk-Ton's body appears segmented, with each limb appearing to be made of a different substance.
- Elasticity: He can stretch, bounce, elongated and manipulate his body as if it were made of plastic.
- Molecular Reconstruction: He can transmute his body to any of a wide variety of elemental compounds and form it to his will. He can alter the shapes and consistencies of these elements and combine them to form complex compounds. He can assume forms of gas, liquid or solid states.
- Metamorphosis: He can also shape parts and portions of his body instead of the whole.
- Enhanced Durability: The nature of his body provides him with natural body armor offering damage resistance from blunt attacks and energy attacks.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Pre-Crisis sources indicate that Ahk-Ton was a priest, while Metamorpho (Volume 2) #1 says that he was in fact the Pharaoh.
- 8 Appearances of Ahk-Ton (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Ahk-Ton (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ahk-Ton (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ahk-Ton (New Earth)
|Characters||Metamorpho | Sapphire Stagg | Element Girl | Joey Mason | Shift | Element Woman ||
|Teams||Justice League America | Justice League Europe | Outsiders | Doom Patrol|
|Villains||Simon Stagg | Java | Doc Dread | The Thunderer | Maxwell Tremaine | Ahk-Ton | The Phantom of Washington | Jillian Conway | Kanjar Ro|
|Miscellanea||Metamorphae | Elemental Transmutation | Orb of Ra | Stagg Mansion | Stagg Enterprises|
|Creators||Bob Haney | Ramona Fradon | Sal Trapani | Mark Waid | Graham Nolan | Dan Jurgens|
|Comics||Metamorpho (Volume 1) | Metamorpho (Volume 2) | Metamorpho: Year One | Batman and the Outsiders (Volume 1) | Batman and the Outsiders (Volume 2) | Outsiders (Volume 1) | Outsiders (Volume 3) | Justice League Europe | Legends of Tomorrow (Volume 1)|