Wonder-Man appeared in Metropolis, performing super-heroic deeds the equal of Superman. After helping the Superman Revenge Squad attack Superman, it is revealed that Wonder-Man was, in fact, a Superman Robot named Ajax, converted by the Squad into a sophisticated android to serve them against their enemy. Wonder Man teams up with Superman to defeat them, having only pretended to serve them to lure them into the open.
Tragically, the Revenge Squad had made the android body to expire after a set time. Superman laid him to rest under a headstone that read:
Wonder-Man Formerly Called Ajax
He was born a robot
he died a man
All of the Superman robots possessed the same set of abilities as Superman. This included: flight, super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, heat vision and heightened senses. Superman installed several failsafe programs inside of certain robots, to keep them from malfunctioning or developing independent thought.
- This version of Ajax (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Ajax (Earth-One)
- 3 Images featuring Ajax (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Ajax (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Ajax (Earth-One)