Eccentric inventor Albert Elwood adopted the guise of the Crimson Avenger and attempted to help Superman, Batman and Robin thwart the robberies of the Octopus Gang. After the requisite identity confusion when one of the gang members assumed the Crimson Avenger's identity, Elwood did help the heroes capture the gang, and retired right afterward. He had many sophisticated gadgets, but his efforts often proved counterproductive, more a hindrance than a help. He did mention that he had "taken the name of a former lawman."
- This version of Crimson Avenger, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Albert Elwood (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Albert Elwood (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Albert Elwood (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Albert Elwood (Earth-One)