The super-strong Captain Nazi (real name Albrecht Krieger) was genetically altered by his scientist father, and developed into the "perfect specimen" in order to fight for Adolf Hitler and the Axis Powers during World War II. Nazi was in opposition to both Captain Marvel and Bulletman. During the second half of his battle with Marvel, Nazi attacks two innocent bystanders who happened to be fishing near the scene of the battle. One of them, an old man named Jacob Freeman, is killed, but the old man's teenage grandson, Freddy Freeman, is saved by Captain Marvel and becomes Captain Marvel, Jr.
Junior, crippled in his Freddy Freeman form by the attack, continued to hold a vendetta against Nazi, and the two frequently battled one another. Nazi also served as a member of Mister Mind's Monster Society of Evil during the WWII years and after.
- This version of Captain Nazi, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Captain Nazi was created by writer Bill Parker and artist C.C. Beck for Fawcett Publications. In 1953, National Periodical Publications settled a long-running lawsuit against Fawcett citing that the character of Captain Marvel bore too much of a resemblance to their own character, Superman. After settling the case (by agreeing to no longer publish Captain Marvel), Fawcett discontinued publication of their entire comic book line and Captain Nazi lapsed into obscurity. In 1972, DC Comics licensed many of the Fawcett characters, including Captain Nazi, and established that they existed on the fictional parallel world known as Earth-S. The Fawcett characters made several appearances throughout various Silver Age DC titles including Shazam, World's Finest Comics and Justice League of America. In 1991, DC bought the Fawcett characters (including Captain Nazi) outright.
- 28 Appearances of Albrecht Krieger (Earth-S)
- 2 Images featuring Albrecht Krieger (Earth-S)
- 1 Quotations by or about Albrecht Krieger (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Albrecht Krieger (Earth-S)
- Captain Nazi at dccomics.com
- Captain Nazi at Wikipedia.org
- Marvel Family Who's Who
- Digital Comic Museum: Rangerhouse Archive No. 1 (Captain Marvel, Jr. Origin)--Digital-only reprint compilation of stories from Master Comics #21-23, 34 & Whiz Comics #25
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."