Copy Edit Needed
Lex Luthor was the son of Lionel Luthor, a billionaire businessman, as well as heir to his father's fortune. Named after Alexander the Great (Lionel believed himself to be the business world version of Philip II of Macedon), Luthor was mutated and lost all of his hair during the meteor shower that brought Kal-El to Earth. Years later, Luthor would become best friend of Clark Kent: though Luthor lost control of his Porsche and hit Kent, the latter later saved his life and the two bonded from the incident.
For several years, young Luthor had noble goals, especially with regard to how he wished to be seen by the people of Smallville, Lex later began to head down a darker path. Eventually, Luthor's relationship with Kent came to an end and his true machinations became apparent when he had Kent, his parents, as well as Lana Lang taken hostage in an effort to prove that Kent was hiding secret abilities. Through deception and lies, Lex managed to alienate both Kent and Lionel Luthor, steal Lana Lang away from Clark, as well as become possessed by the consciousness of General Zod. Luthor continues to progress toward his ultimate destiny as Superman's arch-nemesis. Most recently in an attempt to gain information about the mysterious traveler Lex killed his father, he also engineered the final break up of Lana Lang and Clark Kent. Though Lex was seemingly killed when Oliver Queen planted bombs under the truck he was in, Dr. Fate recently mentioned that Lex still lives and will one day become Clark Kent's greatest ever nemesis.
- Business Management: Lex Luthor is a master strategist and is expertly proficient in all fields relating to business management. Lex is more than willing to result to cutthroat and even illegal means to satisfy his objectives, including bribery, blackmail and extortion.
- Charisma: Lex spent a long time developing a "silver-tongue", mostly to earn the trust and respect of those around him. The Luthor name has earned an unsavory reputation in the town of Smallville and Lex has devoted a lot of energy towards reconciling relationships thrown into disarray due to the actions of his father. In later years, Lex's demeanor darkened and he spent less time trying to earn the trust of those around him.
- Fencing: Lex is quite proficient in the art of fencing, though he is by no means an expert. He has trained with a professional and often sparred against his own father, who has proven himself to be more skillful with a fencing blade than his son.
- Genius Level Intellect
Glass jaw: A sharp impact or punch to the chin will easily render Lex Luthor unconscious. This characteristic has proven valuable to Clark Kent who often finds himself in a situation where he must display his super-powers within close proximity to Lex.
Lex is usually chauffeured in a limousine, but has been known to drive his own vehicles, specifically his 2004 Porche 911 - the vehicle he was in when he first encountered Clark Kent.
- Lex occasionally carries a concealable handgun for emergency situations. Although he doesn't realize its true properties, Lex also comes into possession of Kryptonite from time to time.
- Yellow Lantern Ring (formerly)
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Luthor. The original character was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and first appeared in Action Comics #23.
- Lex Luthor was primarily portrayed by Michael Rosenbaum through the run of the series. Other actors also stepped into the role including:
- Matthew Munn portrayed a young Lex in the pilot episode and an episode in the second season. Some of this footage was recycled in an episode of the eighth season and the series finale.
- Wayne Dalglish portrayed a young Lex in flashbacks in the episode "Memoria".
- Lucas Grabeel portrayed a teenage Lex in the flashbacks in the episode "Reunion".
- Connor Stanhope portrayed Lex as a youth in flashbacks and delusions over four episodes during the seventh and early eighth season.
- Kevin Miller portrayed the disfigured Lex in the episodes "Bride" and "Requiem". With his voice dubbed by Matt Adler in "Requiem".
- Lex Luthor once ran against Jonathan Kent for the Kansas State senate. Kent won the election, but died soon after and his position was awarded to his widow Martha.
- While this incarnation of Lex Luthor does have a sister (half-sister in this interpretation) like his comic counterpart, he also has had 2 brothers, Lucas his half brother (whose current whereabouts are unknown) and Julian who was smothered to death by his mother.
- 203 Appearances of Alexander Luthor (Smallville)
- 29 Images featuring Alexander Luthor (Smallville)
- 2 Quotations by or about Alexander Luthor (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Alexander Luthor (Smallville)
- Lex Luthor at dccomics.com
- Lex Luthor at Wikipedia.org
- Michael Rosenbaum biography page at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Green Arrow Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Green Arrow, or his supporting cast including Black Canary and Team Arrow. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Arrow Villains."
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Daily Planet Staff member
|Sinestro Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Sinestro Corps, chosen by Sinestro to counteract the Green Lantern Corps and spread terror throughout their sector with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Sinestro Corps members category."