By the time "Alexander the Great" made his premiere strike against mankind, he had already achieved some renown as a physicist, though he was considered to be a maverick by his peers for working outside of commonly-accepted lines. Believing himself destined to become a great conqueror, he took the name of the legendary historical figure Alexander the Great for himself and concocted a plan to bend modern society to his own will. Towards this end, he invented a machine whose rays could apparently increase the amount of mass in anything that they touched, seemingly causing those objects to weigh far more than they normally did. In actuality, it would appear that his machine's rays interacted with the pull of gravitational forces on those objects they affected, which created much the same effect.
With this machine, Alexander attempted to blackmail the inhabitants of Manhattan, New York. The plot was ultimately foiled by Hawkman, and in his battle with the villain, Hawkman stabbed Alexander with the trident he had been carrying.
It was believed at the time that Alexander had perished from his injuries. However, he recovered and appeared again later, this time working in concert with Ian Karkull and an assortment of other villains. The scheme Karkull had concocted was thwarted by the efforts of the Justice Society, and Alexander was captured and turned over to the police to face trial for his crimes. He was convicted and has remained in prison ever since.
Machine that increases gravity over a given area
- This version of Alexander the Great, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Not to be confused with the historical Alexander the Great, ancient king of Macedon.
- 4 Appearances of Alexander the Great (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Alexander the Great (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Alexander the Great (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Alexander the Great (Earth-Two)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Hawkman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."