Lex Luthor was a notorious scientific criminal, who tried to start a crime spree in Gotham City, but he was stopped by Batman and Superman. In order to get rid of the heroes, Luthor prepared a distraction for Superman and lured Batman into a trap, attacking them separately. For this purpose, Luthor kidnapped an elder couple, not knowing that they were Martha and Jonathan Kent, the adoptive parents of Batman and Superman. Luthor tried to eliminate Batman by forcing him to overcome deadly traps, but none were effective and in a last desperate act, Luthor murdered the Kents by exploding a bomb. Batman, struck with grief, attacked Luthor and beat him to a pulp, until he was stopped by members of the GCPD.
Luthor was subsequently arrested and locked in prison.
- This version of Lex Luthor, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Alexis Luthor (Earth-172)
- 1 Images featuring Alexis Luthor (Earth-172)
- Quotations by or about Alexis Luthor (Earth-172)
- Character Gallery: Alexis Luthor (Earth-172)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."