Alfred was the faithful butler and chauffeur to Bruce Wayne and his ward Dick Grayson. Alfred was the only person who knew of Bruce and Dick's dual identities as Batman and Robin. Alfred transported Bruce and Dick to the Gotham City Foundation to meet Linda Page. When Linda's uncle, Martin Warren, was in trouble, Alfred drove them across the city in Wayne's convertible Coupe in search of him.
- Evidence suggests that Alfred was created by the writers of the 1943 Batman serial; Victor McLeod, Leslie Swabacker and Harry L. Fraser, and that DC Comics assigned Don Cameron to write the first Alfred story to introuce the character to the comics in "Batman #16"; which was published earlier than the serial's airing.
- Alfred's surname is never revealed throughout the course of the serial.
- Alfred was portrayed by William Austin for the 1943 serial Batman and Eric Wilton for the the 1949 serial Batman and Robin.
- 1 Appearances of Alfred (Batman Serial)
- 3 Images featuring Alfred (Batman Serial)
- Quotations by or about Alfred (Batman Serial)
- Character Gallery: Alfred (Batman Serial)
- ↑ Batman: The Complete History (1999)