Alfred Beagle was born as the son of retired military agent who had proved to be less than apt as his father though a competent military officer. Following the service of the first world war, Beagle followed the deathbed request of his father who was a familar of the Wayne estate. Unemployed, Beagle sought out Wayne to fulfill his father's last request. Beagle introduced himself to Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson at Wayne Manor and insisted on becoming their butler.
Originally the pair did not want to jeopardize their secret identities with a servant in the house, they did not reject him outright. However as fate would have it, Beagle stumbled onto the Batcave and a wounded Batman. While the wounds were not severe, Alfred's care and non-exciteable manner convinced Wayne that he could be depended on to keep their secrets and manage the day to day operations of both Wayne's life.
Alfred's dedication and reliability and amount of dedicated army field medic and intelligence skills have proven invaluable to Wayne and Grayson and the later expanded members of the Batman Family including Selina Kyle Wayne and Helena Wayne. Following Bruce Wayne's death and that of his wife, and the departure of Helena Wayne and Dick Grayson, Alfred remained as caretaker of Wayne Manor and the Batcave beneath well into his old age.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
This individual does not possess any superhuman capabilities.
A former field medic and intelligence officer, Alfred has been trained in several spying and intelligence gathering techniques which he has used in supporting Wayne as Batman.
Beagle possessed a higher than average strength level of a middle aged man who engaged in regular exercise, suggested as a former boxer. His strength deceased as his age advanced.
Alfred Beagle has helped Wayne develop and maintain many of his devices used in Wayne's crusade as Batman
Trained in the use of military ordinances, Beagle can use firearms of various calibers. However he prefers not to do so.
- Beagle was replaced by the more popular "Pennyworth" incarnation of the character after William Austin portrayed "Alfred the Butler" in the 1943 Batman serial. Alfred was redesigned to match the popular character actor as a slight, thin moustached man. This was explained as Alfred went to a fat farm and came back with excessive weight loss and had grown the thin moustache.
- Alfred Beagle reappeared briefly during Zero Hour, and replaced the mainstream Alfred Pennyworth.
- 62 Appearances of Alfred Beagle (Earth-Two)
- 4 Images featuring Alfred Beagle (Earth-Two)
- 2 Quotations by or about Alfred Beagle (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Beagle (Earth-Two)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.