Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
History of character is unknown.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman and is an adaptation of Alfred. The original character was created by Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson and first appeared in Batman #16.
- Alfred was portrayed by Alan Napier.
- Although it is assumed that Alfred's surname is Pennyworth, as in the comic books, Alfred never used a surname on-screen and was never referred to by one.
- Alfred is the only person who knows the secret of Batman and Robin's dual identities. He also knows the secret of Batgirl's identity, though Batman and Robin are unaware of this.
- It was Alfred who originally made the costumes for Batman and Robin.
- Alfred usually answers the Batphone, which sits on the desk in Bruce Wayne's study like a normal everyday telephone. However, Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara do not know the identity of "the Voice" — to quote O'Hara in "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra".
- Alfred has a look-alike cousin, Egbert, who works as night watchman at the Gotham City Reservoir ("The Joker's Provokers"). He also has a second cousin, Cuthbert, whose taxicab Alfred uses to drive around Londinium ("The Londinium Larcernies", "The Foggiest Notion", and "The Bloody Tower"), but Cuthbert himself is never seen on-screen.
- Alfred is also the look-alike of Lord Easystreet, one of the prospective customers at Minerva's mineral spa ("Minerva, Mayhem and Millionaires"). However, we never get to meet the real Lord Easystreet.
- 68 Appearances of Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Alfred Pennyworth (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|1966-1968 Batman television series and the 1966 Batman feature film. This template will categorize articles that include it into Batman TV Series Characters.|
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.