Alix Ward became the superhero Jenesis after ingesting an untested chemical formula of her own devising and gaining superhuman abilities, but while Alix was immediately driven to don a costume and emulate her idols, Supergirl and Wonder Woman, her husband Peter believed she was out of her depth. Alix made several mistakes in the days following her empowerment, including almost getting killed in a forest fire and leaping into action to save a helicopter from an explosion, only to find that it was part of a film shoot. Ultimately though, she successfully defused a hostage situation in a hospital and announced that she felt she was finally starting to figure out what she was doing.
Jenesis can fly, project force fields and energy blasts, and manipulate certain forms of energy including heat.
- This version of Alixandra Ward (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Though the strips in New Talent Showcase were not all intended to be in mainstream DC continuity, several (including Jenesis) clearly were; in her third outing, one New York cop unimpressed with her performance laments "Wonderful. Jim Gordon gets the Batman, I get Betty Boop".
Alix Ward is named after her creator Mindy Newell's daughter, Alixandra.
- 3 Appearances of Alixandra Ward (Earth-One)
- 4 Images featuring Alixandra Ward (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Alixandra Ward (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Alixandra Ward (Earth-One)