Appearing in "Batman Dies at Dawn!"
- Robin (Tim Drake)
- Robin (Damian Wayne)
- Robin (Jason Todd)
- Robin/Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)
- Robin (Carrie Kelly)
- Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) (Cameo)
- Batgirl (Bette Kane) (Cameo)
- Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) (Cameo)
- Madame Xanadu (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Batman Dies at Dawn!"
After aiding Speedy in capturing the Royal Flush Gang, the Phantom Stranger quickly spirits Nightwing away, taking him to the Batcave where five other Robins - Jason Todd, Carrie Kelly, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown and Damian Wayne - stand together as the Stranger holds Batman's dying body. He tells the gathered group that Batman was wounded in Crime Alley due to a poor judgement call. A spell was put on to him to keep him stable, but if he isn't healed soon, he'll die.
As Nightwing attempts to rally the Robins, Jason attempts to leave, but is brought back in line by Damian. Realizing where Batman needs to go, Nightwing leads the Robins to the hideout of the League of Assassins in order to use the Lazarus Pit. Telling Tim and Stephanie to stay behind, Nightwing leads the other Robins inside. Encountering the League inside, Damian attempts to stop them, but realizes too late that they wouldn't recognize him. The fight is stopped by the arrival of Ra's Al Ghul, who was told of the situation by Tim and Stephanie.
Not wanting Batman to die in such an ignoble death, Ra's allows Batman to bathe in the Pit, hoping that the insanity that occurs when taking the dip would take out Nightwing and the Robins. Instead, Batman snaps out of it and is welcomed back by the six. In the end, we see that the Phantom Stranger and Madam Xanadu were watching the entire time, noting that Batman always relied on his partners. However, Xanadu notes that, had the Robins failed, she would have sent in his other partners, the Batgirls - Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain, Betty Kane and Stephanie Brown.
- No special notes.
The issue makes numerous references and jabs to the title of Robin and those who bore the name. Among those:
- Damian's opening jab towards Stephanie Brown was that "girls can't be Robin", a jab at Stephanie's incredibly short tenure as Robin and the time she wasn't given a memorial in the Batcave under the assumption that "she wasn't a real Robin.
- When Jason attempts to handle things on his own, Damian threatens him by saying that he'll make his future happen much sooner, a reference to Jason's death during Batman: A Death in the Family.
- During Nightwing's introspection of the various Robins, he notes each of the Robin's main characteristics, including Jason and Damian's brutal fighting styles and Tim's incredible detective skills.
- When Damian fails to stop the League of Assassins from attacking, he notes that they wouldn't recognize him for a couple of years as he isn't born yet.
- Phantom Stranger makes mention that he had to recruit Robins past, present and future and that Nightwing mentioned he recognized a few of them. Along with the fact that Xanadu's Batgirls included Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown, it would mean that this Batman would end up recruiting the same people as his New Earth counterpart.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold series
- Images from All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold Vol 1 13
Links and References
- No external links.