- I tell you, dis must stop! Are ve men or mice? Dot Justice Battalion! Dey are a thorn in my side!
- -- Adolf Hitler
Appearing in Justice Society of America: "Shanghaied into Space"
- Andromedans residing on Pluto
- Kafta (Dies)
- King Ulala
- Books on Neptunian horticulture and surgery
- Bracelets of Submission
- Gravity Rod
- Lasso of Truth
- Martian secret of making air from water
- Martian translator
- Mercurian Occelerator (brain wave reader)
- Nth Metal Wings
- Plutonian heat propulsion
- Radium from Saturn
- Secrets of metallugry from Jupiter
- Uranian healing crystal
- Venusian magnetic hearing
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
- Liquid Carbonized Fuel Rockets
Synopsis for Justice Society of America: "Shanghaied into Space"
To remove the Justice Society of America as obstacles, Adolf Hitler has his scientist aide Hans Gootsden devise a plan to rocket them individually to the other eight planets in the solar system. The rockets are transported via submarine to the United States, where Nazi spies make a total vacuum inside JSA Headquarters, rendering the members unconscious. The members are quickly loaded onto the rockets and launched into the solar system.
The Hawkman finds himself on Saturn, where he helps one kingdom overthrow a tyrant ruling a neighboring kingdom who is threating war. The Sandman lands on Uranus populated by crystal beings, who are being poisoned by Kafta, the evil one. The Sandman discovers he can neutralize the poison with sand, and shatters Kafta in hand-to-hand combat. On Neptune, Doctor Mid-Nite is enslaved by plant people, but gains his freedom by curing an outbreak of measles. Starman encounters metal creatures on Jupiter that are being slowly eaten away by microbes living in the Great Red Spot of Jupiter. After dealing with some microbes using his Gravity Rod, he works with the creatures to construct a giant Gravity Rod to hurl the red spot and the microbes into space. On Mars, The Atom helps the stop the Southern Martians from poisoning the Northern Martians by breaking into their stronghold and capturing their leader and his formula for the poison’s antidote. The Spectre, on his first visit to Pluto, discovers that it is inhabited by Andromedans, who are routinely attacked by natives. An attack occurs, and the natives destroy the dome protecting the city, threatening everyone. The Spectre repairs the dome and convinces both sides to make peace. Johnny Thunder is immediately captured by large insects on Mercury and put in a cage. When the insects are attacked by a giant anteater, Johnny escapes with the help of his Thunderbolt, and the Thunderbolt goes on to defeat the anteater and relocate the insects to an island where they are safe from other anteaters. Unlike the previous chapters, the natives insects can’t help Johnny return to earth, but the Thunderbolt reminds Johnny can go home just by asking. Finally, Wonder Woman arrives on Venus, where her arrival was expected by the Venusians. The Queen begs Wonder Women to help them defeat invaders that have enslaved them. Wonder Woman challenges and defeats their leader, but he escapes and takes the Queen as a hostage to capture Wonder Woman. In prison, Wonder Woman and the Queen work together and bind the invader’s leader with the magic lasso, ending the occupation.
After each member successfully completes their missions on their worlds, the natives give each member of the Justice Society a reward that will help them fight the Nazis. All the members return to headquarters and immediately trace the spies with the help of the F.B.I.. They subdue the spies, and Hawkman sends a message to Hilter using their radio. For her help, Hawkman asks Wonder Woman to join the Justice Society as their secretary.
Appearing in Hop Harrigan: "Turtles and T.N.T."
- General Smithers
Synopsis for Hop Harrigan: "Turtles and T.N.T."
- Doctor Fate does not appear in this issue, but he is listed in the roll call on the cover.
- The introductory chapter of this story was re-told in All-Star Squadron #50.
- The Hawkman chapter of this story was re-told in All-Star Squadron #52.
- The Sandman chapter of this story was re-told in All-Star Squadron #55.
- The Doctor Mid-Nite chapter of this story was re-told in All-Star Squadron #56.
- The Starman, Wonder Woman, and Atom chapters of this story were re-told in All-Star Squadron #57.
- The Johnny Thunder chapter of this story was re-told in All-Star Squadron #58.
- The Spectre chapter of this story was re-told in All-Star Squadron #59.
- Reprinted in All-Star Comics Archives Vol. 3.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-Star Comics Vol 1 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Comics series
- Images from All-Star Comics Vol 1 13
Links and References
- No external links.