"Justice Society of America: "The Man Who Hated Science!"": The Justice Society of America fail to appear to testify at the murder trail of Professor Zodiak. The Professor boasts that the Justice Society will not appear beca
- Careful now, Pal! I want to take you to jail in good condition!
Appearing in Justice Society of America: "The Man Who Hated Science!"
- The Alchemist (Professor Zodiak)
- The Alchemy Army
- Christopher Columbus
- Horace Albrook
- Professor Michaels
- Susan Mason
- Alchemic Image-Projector
- Bracelets of Submission
- Four Wonders of Alchemy
- Elixir of Youth
- Philosopher's Stone
- Secret of Perpetual Motion
- Universal Solvent
- Green Flame of Life
- Green Lantern Ring
- Nth Metal Wings
- Perpetual Motion Machine
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
- Zodiak's Cane
Synopsis for Justice Society of America: "The Man Who Hated Science!"
The Justice Society of America fail to appear to testify at the murder trail of Professor Zodiak. The Professor boasts that the Justice Society will not appear because he has personally taken care of them, using the elementary principles of alchemy. Incredulous, the judge insists Zodiak must be insane, but Zodiak convinces the judge to let him speak for fifteen minutes. Zodiac recalls his story.
- A Spanish scholar discovered the Four Wonders of Alchemy. He used them to travel to America, and survived for over 400 years by means of the Elixir of Youth. The scholar revealed his secret of the Four Wonders of Alchemy to the Justice Society, but died before revealing their hiding places. Unfortunately, Professor Zodiak happened to overhear their conversation. The professor had secretly been studying alchemy for years, and was determined to find the wonders before the Justice Society.
- The professor disguised himself as a criminal called the Alchemist, and followed a clue about a vein of gold in a subway station to recover the Philosopher’s Stone. The Flash and Hawkman were waiting to protect it, but the Alchemist turned the subway’s girders into gold, causing them to collapse on the JSAers. The Alchemist brought the unconscious pair to his house. Having heard a news story about a vanishing millionaire, both the Alchemist, Doctor Mid-Nite, and the Atom went to his mansion to find the Universal Solvent. The Alchemist arrived first, but Dr. Mid-Nite and the Atom trapped him. To escape, the Alchemist used the solvent on the house, causing the house to crash down on the pair. Next, the Alchemist attended a top-spinning contest, disguised as a judge. Wonder Woman and Black Canary also decided to look for the Top of Perpetual Motion at the contest. When a boy’s top didn’t stop spinning, the Alchemist stole it. Wonder Woman and Black Canary pursued and captured him, but he threw an Alchemo-Bomb at them, which turned them into children.
- A colleague of the Alchemist grew flowers that would not die. He knew they must be planted atop the Elixir of Youth, so he killed the man to get it. Green Lantern attempted to stop him, but the Alchemist’s bombs turned Green Lantern’s power ray solid, and the Alchemist knocked out Green Lantern with his own ray. The Alchemist affixed the powerless male members of the Justice Society to a giant fan, powered by perpetual motion. Then, to complete his master plan, he surrendered to the police and demanded a trial.
As his story ends, the professor reveals that he is the Alchemist, and challenges the police to stop him. He destroys their guns, then summons the members of his “Alchemy Army” to take over the courthouse. He sends demands to congress to make a new cabinet post and appoint him the Secretary of Alchemy. The male members of Justice Society, who used the Elixir of Youth to transform into children as a means of escape, after finding Wonder Woman and Black Canary, enlist the help of a courthouse guard to trick the Alchemist into attacking them with an Alchemo-Bomb, which restored them as adults. The JSA subdues the Alchemy Army, but Zodiak dies trying to escape when his alchemy powered plane crashes into the sea.
Appearing in "Kismet"
Synopsis for "Kismet"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Prof. Zodiak was actually pulled, plane and all, to the year 1941 by Per Degaton, who, to cover it up, made the plane seem to crash into the sea and explode.
- Reprinted in All-Star Comics Archives Vol. 9.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-Star Comics Vol 1 42 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Comics series
- Images from All-Star Comics Vol 1 42
Links and References
- No external links.