"Justice Society of America: "Hemisphere Defense"": J. Edgar Hoover calls on the Justice Society again, this time to ask their help in rooting out Nazi and Fascist spies in Mexico and South America. Each member travels to
- What men! What real patriotic Americans! All I do is ask them for help and how they leap at the chance! Why… I almost feel sorry for the men they're going after… Almost!
Appearing in Justice Society of America: "Hemisphere Defense"
- Justice Society of America
- Adolphus Hecht
- Doctor Swein (Single appearance)
- General Strauss
- Johan Krauss
- Miguel Goerters (Single appearance)
- Alberto Medina (Single appearance)
- Alma Cordoban (Single appearance)
- Bradley Zenea (Single appearance)
- Carlos (Single appearance)
- Doctor Gomez (Single appearance)
- Estabana Cordoban (Single appearance)
- Fred Simmons (Single appearance)
- Jose Ortez (Single appearance)
- Earth's Moon
- Amulet of Anubis
- Blackout Bomb
- Cloak of Destiny
- Gravity Rod
- Half of Helmet of Fate
- Nth Metal Wings
- Sandman's Gas Gun
Synopsis for Justice Society of America: "Hemisphere Defense"
J. Edgar Hoover calls on the Justice Society again, this time to ask their help in rooting out Nazi and Fascist spies in Mexico and South America. Each member travels to a different country to fulfill their covert orders. Hawkman confronts a German spy ring in Mexico who are attempting to take over the Southern Pacific railroad. The Spectre uncovers an operation stealing planes for the Luftwaffe in Argentina. The Atom travels to Chile and unmasks the leader of a Nazi propaganda organization. The Sandman prevents sabotage to Venezuelan oil fields. Johnny Thunder visits Cuba, where he is supposed to meet with a top Cuban spy. The spy, knowing Johnny's reputation, sends Johnny on a phony mission, where Johnny accidentally gets captured by German spy ring. Johnny manages to summon his Thunderbolt, who sends the entire spy ring back to Germany in a sailboat. On the plane ride to Brazil, Doctor Fate uncovers a plot to replace the democratically elected leader with a Nazi look-alike. In Bolivia, Starman busts up a gang of tin-mine invaders. Doctor Mid-Nite exposes a mind-control scheme attempting to end democracy in Columbia. Once their missions are complete, the members meet at the Panama Canal. To celebrate their success, the girl friends of the Justice Society are brought down for a victory ball, however, Johnny accidentally has his Thunderbolt send him and Daisy to the moon, instead.
Appearing in Hop Harrigan: "Midnight Meeting"
- Colonel Dunbar imposter (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Hop Harrigan: "Midnight Meeting"
After Tank Tinker repeatedly leaves their house without explanation at 11:30 every Tuesday evening, Hop Harrigan follows him to the estate of Colonel Dunbar, where the secretive Guard America League meets. Hop and Tank attend the meeting, and Hop learns that the League collects money and inventions from members with the stated purpose of helping the United States Government. Hop is enthusiastic, and wants to join, but when they go to meet with Colonel Dunbar, they uncover a murder plot, and learn that the colonel is a fake, who is using the League to supply the German Government. Hop and Tank subdue the impostor, and Hop nominates Tank to run the League for the benefit of America.
- Reprinted in All-Star Comics Archives Vol. 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-Star Comics Vol 1 9 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Comics series
- Images from All-Star Comics Vol 1 9
Links and References
- All-Star Squadron at Wikipedia.org
- All-Star Squadron series index at Comicbookdb.com
- All-Star Squadron series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Justice Society of America article at Wikipedia
- JSA Checklist
- JSA Chronology page
- JSA series index at DCU Guide
- JSA series index at Comicbookdb.com
- JSA series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Justice Society Fact File
- Justice Society Index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Justice Society of America at TV Tropes