Appearing in "See You In The Funny Papers!"
- All-Star Squadron
- Willie (Single appearance)
- Joe and Jerry (Armored car drivers)
Synopsis for "See You In The Funny Papers!"
Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle enjoy a breakfast at the All-Star Squadron headquarters, with Johnny reading the funny papers and the two of them discussing their impending wedding, when various villains from the comic strips come to life and start attacking regular citizens. Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle go into action, as do various other All-Star Squadron members, as they take on the comic strip villains, only to see them disappear and a cartoon face called Funnyface appears, taunting them for their efforts before also disappearing. Eventually Firebrand is captured and held in the lab of Funnyface, who is a human wearing a round cartoon face mask, who operates a machine that can turn comic strips into living beings, and vice versa as he tries to turn Firebrand into a comic strip. The All-Star Squadron figure out where Funnyface's lab is located and manage to overpower him while Sandy the Golden Boy throws the switch to restore Firebrand to normal while reverting all the comic strip villains back to their original forms. Funnyface is unmasked and reveals himself to be a cartoonist whose ideas were rejected by publishers and has built the machine to prove himself as a public menace. After he destroys the machine, the All-Star Squadron take Funnyface into custody, feeling glad that the only place they'll see such villains are in the funny papers.
- No special notes.
- This story is a rewrite of a Golden Age Superman story from Superman #19 in which he battles the villain Funnyface, with members of the All-Star Squadron substituting for Superman. It is also in essence the first Post-Crisis All-Star Squadron story ever written and published.
- According to an editor's note, this story takes place between issues #46 and #47.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All-Star Squadron Vol 1 64 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All-Star Squadron series
Links and References
- No external links.