- They're shooting scared. Shooting stupid. Killing their own. Life is good.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Episode Seven"
Synopsis for "Episode Seven"
Batman dives into a horde of criminals and begins beating them down. He taunts them throughout the fight for their stupidity, until he finally nabs Jocko-Boy Vanzetti - the man who murdered Dick Grayson's parents. Batman knocks his teeth out and Jocko falls to the ground. From above, the Black Canary watches everything and is exhilarated to watch Batman in action. As the fight concludes, she leaps down and begins kissing Batman. The two maintain their passion for a short time until Batman decides its time to leave. He offers to give Black Canary a lift home.
At the Batcave, Dick Grayson is terrified beyond all measure. The darkness and emptiness of the cave seems to consume him. He finds an antique battle ax and uses it to kill a rat that is annoying him. Batman finally returns home. He exits the Batmobile and drops Jocko-Boy in front of Dick. He tells him that this is the man who murdered his parents. Dick has a choice. He can either kill him or let him live. Is he an avenger or a detective? Dick flies into a rage and swings the battle ax downward towards Jocko's head. He doesn't kill him however, and the blade only comes close enough to slice open Jocko's cheek. Dick begins pounding on him, demanding to know the name of the man he works for. After sufficient prodding, Jocko finally reveals the identity of his employer - the Joker.
- A teaser panel of the Joker is featured on the last page of this issue, but the Joker doesn't make an actual appearance until issue #8.
- Batman makes a reference to Superman in this issue. He doesn't address him by name, but refers to him as the idiot that doesn't even know he can fly.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder series
- Images from All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder Vol 1 7
Links and References
- All-Star Batman and Robin #7 at the Grand Comics Database
- All-Star Batman and Robin #7 at Comicbookdb.com