Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Allen Barr is a scientist who developed a cancer cure that makes humans poisonous to vampires. He is later revealed to be a vampire himself, designing a serum that doesn't work to eliminate his competition.
Andrew Bennett met Barr's mother when he was protecting her from a time-traveling Mary, Queen of Blood. They traveled back to 1888 from 1982 using the Rings of Kur-Alet when his cancer cure began killing vampires across the world. Barr's mother is said to have been almost killed by Jack the Ripper and Mary plans to finish the job. Instead their fighting rescues her and Jack the Ripper is killed in the night. This event also introduces his parents Penny and Joseph, as his father was a police officer.
In the present day, Bennett is captured alongside reporter Maggie Carle when investigating Barr's research facilities. His work has released a series of insectoid monsters into the sewers. Barr reveals himself to be a vampire who has been manufacturing a bogus cancer cure to wipe out all of his competition. The serum is made from hobos in a process that turns them into monsters. Bennett and Barr struggle in his laboratory until it catches fire and begins burning down. Carle strikes Barr from behind, revealing herself to be a vampire and agent of the Blood Red Moon. She tosses Bennett a copy of the antidote before they both fly away into the night, leaving Allen Barr to perish in the inferno.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: Vampires have improved several times higher than those of any human being of course these skills can vary depending on each person they will have some other stronger senses of his companions always given the dedication and training that each set to improve ways. Among the main ways that vampires have improved we find the following:
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Only vampires with a more advanced powers Control demonstrate the ability of altering either its appearance to imitate other people or in such cases selective transformation for creating claws to increase the lethality of its attacks in extreme cases and only vampires with a capacity of very advanced monitoring capabilities such change would show how elements, elasticity and other capabilities which vary depending on their ability, imagination and control, because as you know some vampires are stronger than others.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 1 Appearances of Allen Barr (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Allen Barr (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Allen Barr (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Allen Barr (New Earth)