The name Allura refers to two powerful extra-dimensional entities. These "sister" entities have very different natures, one is a force for good and the other a force for evil.
Shortly after Zatanna's eighteenth birthday, the evil Allura appeared on Earth. She came into conflict with the sorcerer John Zatara who imprisoned her within a magical artifact called the Sword of Paracelsus. Before she faded from sight, however, Allura placed a curse on Zatara, proclaiming that any contact with his kin would end in death. The curse left Zatara unable to contact his daughter "directly or even indirectly." To save his daughter, Zatara left Earth's dimension, seeking a way to break the curse.
Over the next several years, Zatanna, who had never known or understood why her father had disappeared, undertook a search for him, aided by several of the members of the Justice League. Allura, learned of Zatanna's search and managed to trick Zatanna into freeing her from the sword. Allura then led Zatanna to the magical realm of Kharma. Allura knew that Zatara had traveled there in search of a way to undo the curse. She intended to have her revenge by reuniting the father and daughter, thus allowing the curse to destroy them. Before Zatara and Zatanna could be reunited, the good Allura warned Zatara of her sister's plot and offered to help defeat her. The evil Allura, inhabiting Zatanna's body, unleashed hordes of magical warriors against the heroes, even summoning magical duplicates of the Justice League members to aid her in battle. At long last, with the help of the good Allura, the evil Allura was defeated and imprisoned once more. The curse was removed, allowing Zatara and his daughter to be reunited.
Unfortunately, the evil Allura managed to escape to menace Zatanna again, but was once again defeated, and seemingly destroyed.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Allura (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Allura (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Allura (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Allura (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."