Alpheus Hyatt was a scientist who worked at Ivy University, and was a colleague of Raymond Palmer (AKA the Atom.) Alpheus invented the "Time Pool" a time travel device which opened a small portal to other times. The device could only open a portal large enough for him to drop a magnet attached to a fishing pole through. Alpheus would "fish" for items that would conclusively prove that his machine worked by allowing him to pull metal objects out from other times.
At first the device only worked randomly, however after some work he upgraded the machine so that he could lock into specific times. Often times as Hyatt would experiment with the Time Pool, Ray Palmer would travel through the portal as the Atom (being small enough to fit into the portal) for various cross-time adventures and to help Alpheus collect items from other eras.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- This individual does not possess any superhuman capabilities.
- Physics: Alpheus Hyatt is a skilled scientist, who has enough knowledge in physics to build a primitive time machine which can open a small portal to other points in history.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 23 Appearances of Alpheus Hyatt (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Alpheus Hyatt (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Alpheus Hyatt (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Alpheus Hyatt (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: