Inspired by the story of "the Batman", one Italian man became a vigilante super-hero. Taking his inspiration from the armies of Rome's ancient past, he called himself the Legionary. He was a member of the Club of Heroes before their break-up.
He became widely known as the heroic protector of Rome, and acquired a foe in Charlie Caligula. However, the Legionary was eventually bought off by Rome's criminals, and he spent less and less time as a super hero.
He survived the many perils that befell the world to attend the reunion of the Club of Heroes. By this time, he had succumbed to the lure of fame, gaining weight and trading on his past exploits in the popular press.
As part of John Mayhew's contract with the Black Glove, he convinced the Wingman to kill the Legionary by stabbing him twenty-three times (in the style of Julius Caesar).
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 10 Appearances of Alphonso Giovanni (New Earth)
- 10 Images featuring Alphonso Giovanni (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Alphonso Giovanni (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Alphonso Giovanni (New Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.