Amanita is a fungus-like life form resembling an Earth mushroom. His planet of origin is the swamp world of Muscaria, where flora is the dominant species. At one with the planet and its environment, Amanita channeled those experiences into an artistic endeavor creating beautiful pieces showing the magnificence of Muscaria.
But trying to communicate with Amanita on a normal level takes great patience as he speaks extremely slow, which goes well with an extremely long life span. But for those willing to take the time to listen to Amanita, they will learn a great deal. He has a higher consciousness that allows him to perceive all the complexities and wonders of the Universe.
It is said in the hallways of Oa that Amanita is older than the guardians themselves.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Alien Physiology: Amanita is a fungus-like life form resembling an Earth mushroom.
- Cosmic Awareness: He has a higher consciousness that allows him to perceive all the complexities and wonders of the Universe.
- Slow: Amanita does everything slowly and not of his own volition. He has a slow metabolism, speaks slowly, paints slowly, acts slowly and fights slowly. Being a long lived being it has learned to take things at their own pace.
- Amanita is the name of a genus of mushrooms, but the naming of this character might also be a play on Amitabha, the name of one of the Buddhas.
- Amanita's constructs are meticulously created and although elaborate and beautiful may take entirely too long.
- 17 Appearances of Amanita (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Amanita (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Amanita (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Amanita (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."