Amazo is an android created by Professor Anthony Ivo. He has the ability to copy any metahuman power. He was first seen fighting with the Justice League. During the battle, Amazo copied the powers of Superman, Red Tornado, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Atom. When his parts were being shipped to different S.T.A.R. Labs in Boston and New York, the shipment and its escorts were intercepted by Professor Ivo's robot M.O.N.Q.I.s.
Superboy followed the M.O.N.Q.I.'s. back to their master and found Professor Ivo, who unleashed Amazo on him. Amazo was getting the upper hand on Superboy until Robin and Kid Flash arrived. Amazo kept the Team at bay and stopped them from apprehending Professor Ivo. He used all the powers at its disposal, but did not need to copy the team as they were just inferior copies of the originals
Superboy defeats Amazo by sending his fist through Amazo's head just when it returned from using the Martian Manhunters intangibility there by destroying it. The rest of Amazo's parts were shipped to S.T.A.R. Labs and Professor Ivo was taken into custody.
- Android Body
- Aerokinesis: Red Tornado's tornadoes.
- Elasticity: Martian Manhunter's physiology.
- Energy Projection: Captain Atom's quantum blasts.
- Intangibility: Martian Manhunter's physiology.
- Sound Manipulation: Black Canary's canary cry.
- Superhuman Durability: Superman's skin.
- Superhuman Speed: Flash's speed force.
- Superhuman Strength: Superman's muscles.
- Energy Projection: Superman's vision.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Batman's fighting prowess.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Young Justice and its tie-in comic book series. It is an adaptation of Amazo. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky and first appeared in Brave and the Bold #30.
- Amazo was voiced by Peter MacNicol.
- 7 Appearances of Amazo (Earth-16)
- 1 Images featuring Amazo (Earth-16)
- Quotations by or about Amazo (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: Amazo (Earth-16)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."