The Amoeba had the ability to create clones of himself. He used this power to commit fantastic crimes in many places at once, and was ultimately stopped by the Marvel Family, who discovered an antidote to the serum that gave him his power.
- This version of Amoeba, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Amoeba was created by writer Otto Binder and artist Kurt Schaffenberger for Fawcett Publications. In 1991, DC bought the Fawcett comics characters (including Amoeba) from Fawcett. DC has not yet used Amoeba in any new stories.
- 1 Appearances of Amoeba (Earth-S)
- 2 Images featuring Amoeba (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Amoeba (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Amoeba (Earth-S)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Captain Marvel, the Wizard Shazam, or any of the extended members of the Marvel Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Marvel Family Villains."