Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
During the time when the criminal known as the Riddler had cut off all power in Gotham City, the concrete jungle was plunged into chaos. Eager to rescue whatever citizens they could from the approaching superstorm that threatened to overtake the city, a group of Marines were sent in as part of the relief effort; among them John Stewart. Things grew more complicated though once the squad discovered that the number of refugees was much larger than their intel suggested. Upon entering the football stadium where they were taking shelter, Stewart encountered a man named Anarky; who had the suffering refugees at his beck and call, as well as a distrust of authority figures. Captured and imprisoned within the stadium, Stewart and a number of the other marines managed to escape Anarky's custody and attempted to apprehend him. But upon attempting to unmask him, Anarky's mask was rigged to explode, and he managed to escape within the crowd of people. He could have been anyone.
- Anarky was created by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle, first appearing in Detective Comics #608. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Anarky first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3) #25 by Van Jensen and Robert Venditti.
- This version of Anarky has only appeared in Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3) #25. A second, apparently unrelated Anarky has since appeared in Detective Comics (Volume 2) #37.
- 1 Appearances of Anarky (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Anarky (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Anarky (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Anarky (Prime Earth)