Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anatoli Knyazev, alias KGBeast was believed to have killed over 200 people, including Anwar Sedat. He was trained by an elite top secret KGB cell called "The Hammer." He was ruthless, with no regard for human life, and had been known to take such extreme measures to complete his missions as poisoning an entire banquet of 80 people to kill one target, and chopping off his own hand with an axe to avoid capture. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, without a cause, he became a freelancer and supervillain.
Ten Nights of the Beast
When the Russian government shut down his KGB cell because it was too dangerous, the KGBeast was given one last mission by his commanding officer before the man killed himself. The KGBeast was to eliminate nine people necessary to America's "Strategic Defense Initiative" (the "Star Wars" program), who would be in Gotham at some point over the course of a two week period. Despite Batman's best efforts, combined with the GCPD, the FBI and the CIA, KGBeast was able to kill all but two of his targets, a senator, and President Ronald Reagan. His total body count in Gotham, in the 10-day period alone, was over 100 people. Despite this, as a member of the Soviet embassy, he could not be legally punished for his crimes in America, but if caught would have to be turned back over to the Russians. Eventually he was cornered by Batman in a sewer compartment. He offered Batman to fight with him, so they could see which of them was truly better, but Batman declined, instead opting to leave and lock the door behind him, so the Beast would not be able to get out. Batman called the police to have him taken in.
Face the Face
KGBeast was eventually reduced to working for the Penguin as a hitman. He was shot in the head by the new Tally Man under the orders of the Great White Shark, as part of a larger scheme to cripple the Penguin's empire.
KGBeast was one of the many villains raised from the dead in Gotham City to join the new Black Lantern Corps during Blackest Night. He received a ring along with Abbatoir, Deacon Blackfire, Blockbuster, King Snake, Magpie, the Trigger Twins, and the Ventriloquist. He terrorized the city and tore out the hearts of innocents to feed on their emotions and life force when they were feeling the most fear.
- Cybernetic Enhancement: Supplemented physique due to cybernetic enhancements.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Weaponry: The KGBeast has been known to show no discrimination in the weapons he chooses to use.
- Prosthetic Gun: Having cut off his arm to avoid Batman, the KGBeast has since had it replaced with a prosthetic gun. He has impeccable aim with it, it is an automatic, and also features at least a bayonet, tear gas dispenser and scope.
- KGBeast is also known as the Beast.
- KGBeast has trained a protege, the NKVDemon.
- KGBeast has worked as a henchman for Lock-Up during his tenure as Blackgate warden during the events of No Man's Land.
- Batman: Ten Nights of the Beast
- Batman: Prodigal
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Batman: Face the Face
- 41 Appearances of Anatoli Knyazev (New Earth)
- 30 Images featuring Anatoli Knyazev (New Earth)
- 5 Quotations by or about Anatoli Knyazev (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Anatoli Knyazev (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."