Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Buildings are like people. They live some, and then they die. Like those tramps... just a tragic accident. But some buildings never get a chance. They're dwarfed and bullied and crushed by the vulgarities of greedy men. Dreams mean nothing when money is king. I'm changing that. I'm going to make this city repay its debt. And if people have to suffer... that's the price Gotham will have to pay!
- -- Andre Sinclair src
Destroyer is a former Navy SEAL and demolitions expert with an obsession involving architecture. Having taken architecture classes at Gotham University, he became obsessed with the works of Cyrus Pinkney and the idea that they warded off evil. His motives are religious in nature.
Andre Sinclair first attracted the attentions of Batman when he demolished three separate buildings within the space of a single night. Batman quickly ruled out other motives and determined that he seemed to be doing it for the sake of art. When Sinclair destroys the Wayne Foundation building, Batman is trapped inside and barely escapes alive. They share a physical confrontation on a rooftop, although Sinclair escapes when Batman passes out from earlier injuries. It's revealed that he intends to finish his rampage by destroying GCPD Headquarters with everyone inside of it. The building is barely evacuated in time by Batman and Commissioner Gordon. They realize that Sinclair is planning to leave the city since his work is done, and Batman stages a plan to trap him using Bruce Wayne as bait. It's announced that Wayne will be demolishing Cyrus Pinkney's headquarters to build a shopping mall, and Sinclair returns to murder him. Batman and Destroyer fight inside the building, until Destroyer is hospitalized by an incoming wrecking ball that he tries to shoot at. His public activity has not been recorded since this incident, although it can be presume that he still remains under police custody.
- Destroyer's characterization is slightly inconsistent, as he was portrayed by two different writers. In his first appearance he tries desperately not to kill anyone, and shows remorse over the death of two homeless men. In his second appearance he has no problem murdering everyone in GCPD Headquarters, and even views himself as doing them a favor.
- 3 Appearances of Andre Sinclair (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Andre Sinclair (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Andre Sinclair (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Andre Sinclair (New Earth)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."