Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
Brought in as a replacement to the previous Engineer serving for Stormwatch, Angela Spica was forcibly modified into a completely mechanical body, which has the ability to manipulate other technology.
After the betrayal of Harry Tanner, she was made leader of Stormwatch. While battling a group of neanderthals, she swallowed a devolving device, which appeared to have caused her mind to change. Over time, her abilities became significantly more powerful, and her demeanor much more cold and unfeeling. Eventually she stopped identifying as Angela at all, or even human. Seemingly driven mad, she declared that the best way to protect the Earth was to eliminate the human race and create a new species. Her plan was thwarted by Harry Tanner when he caused Jenny Quantum to destroy their ship. Her body was found lying in rubble on earth, seemingly killed.
- Angela Spica was created by Warren Ellis and Tom Raney, first appearing in StormWatch #48. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Angela Spica first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Stormwatch (Volume 3) #1 by Paul Cornell and Miguel Sepulveda.
- 34 Appearances of Angela Spica (Prime Earth)
- 12 Images featuring Angela Spica (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Angela Spica (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Angela Spica (Prime Earth)