|Real Name||Anthony Ives|
|Current Alias||Professor Ivo|
|Relatives||Amazo (creation/"son"), Tomorrow Woman ("daughter"), Kid Amazo ("grandson")|
|Affiliation||Professor T.O. Morrow (partner)|
|Base Of Operations||Mobile|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Creators||Gardner Fox, Mike Sekowsky|
Ivo first appeared menacing the JLA through his creation, Amazo. He used the android to steal various creatures to produce an immortality elixir. He has since relinquished the immortality serum so he can finally die but cannot unless someone takes his place among the 13 immortals who walk the planet.
During Brightest Day, Professor Ivo acted on behalf of the resurrected Maxwell Lord in his successful bid to take over Checkmate. Under Lord's mental control, Ivo built OMAC Prime, a powerful android incorporating technologies from his own Amazo (including power replication), the Metal Men (adaptability and creativity), the previous OMAC Project androids, Kryptonian technology, Blue Beetle's armor, and more. The reunited Justice League International defeated OMAC Prime and temporarily thwarted Lord. Lord managed to escape, however, leaving Ivo to bear the blame for the global outbreak of OMAC attacks.
Ivo had also evidently either returned to using his immortality serum or his disease symptoms had otherwise resurfaced; his skin was once again covered in scabrous scales.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Immortality: He can never die because he is one of the 13 immortals who walk the Earth. Unless someone takes his place, he will never die...which he wants very badly.
- Robotic Engineering: Professor Ivo is a master inventor and is responsible for making tremendous strides in the field of robotics. His expertise has yielded creations such as Amazo, Kid Amazo and the Tomorrow Woman.
- Cardiac Failure
- As a result of his illnesses, he experiences tremendous amounts of pain on a daily basis. Unless he can find someone to take his place among the 13 immortals, he is doomed to live an eternal life even without the serum.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 57 Appearances of Anthony Ives (New Earth)
- 16 Images featuring Anthony Ives (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Anthony Ives (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Anthony Ives (New Earth)
- Professor Ivo at dccomics.com
- Professor Ivo at Wikipedia.org
- Professor Ivo profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Professor Ivo appearances index at Comicbookdb.com
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."