- -- Bane src
Bane was a scrawny convict named Antonio Diego who was made the test subject of Jason Woodrue's special serum called Venom, which transformed him into a muscular powerhouse. His creator intended to sell him to a national leader for use as a "super soldier", but Pamela Isley, who was transformed into Poison Ivy, killed Woodrue and used Bane for her own personal ends, including helping Mister Freeze escape from Arkham Asylum when she sought an alliance with him against Batman and Robin. During Mister Freeze's use of the giant telescope at the Gotham City Observatory to freeze the entire city, Bane ran as interference for him, nearly strangling both Robin and Batgirl to death in his hands. They both unplugged the tubing connected to the back of his head that gave him the Venom injections and watched him become his original scrawny self again.
- Enhanced Strength: Bane possessed incredible strength through his injections of Venom.
Without the Venom injections, Bane's physical appearance reverts back to his normal scrawny physique.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Burtonverse film series and is an adaptation of Bane. The original character was created by Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench, and Graham Nolan and first appeared in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1.
- For the film, Bane was portrayed by two actors. Michael Reid MacKay portrayed the Antonio Diego portion of the role when Venom was not in the character's system. And Jeep Swenson in the role when Bane is on Venom.
- For the tie-in video game, Bane was voiced by Peter Renaday.
- Like the Burtonverse Joker, the Burtonverse Bane is the only version with an official real name.
- 2 Appearances of Antonio Diego (Burtonverse)
- 3 Images featuring Antonio Diego (Burtonverse)
- 1 Quotations by or about Antonio Diego (Burtonverse)
- Character Gallery: Antonio Diego (Burtonverse)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."