"The Invasion of the Fire-Trolls": While cleaning up their home, Aquaman and Aqualad soon start witnessing their various undersea friends acting odd, and soon realize that they are the playful pranks of a water sprite named Quisp. Quisp asks for the two heroes help beca
Appearing in "The Invasion of the Fire-Trolls"
- Fire Trolls (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Invasion of the Fire-Trolls"
While cleaning up their home, Aquaman and Aqualad soon start witnessing their various undersea friends acting odd, and soon realize that they are the playful pranks of a water sprite named Quisp. Quisp asks for the two heroes help because his undersea home is being terrorized by fire trolls that were unleashed during an undersea volcanic eruption. After a quick battle, the fire trolls begin heading for the surface world. With the help of Quisp and the army, Aquaman and Aqualad attempt to fight back the fire trolls, but their attacks have no effect. Figuring that maybe a new experimental freeze device would be powerful enough to stop the creatures the heroes obtain the device against the fire trolls.
Spraying the trolls with the chemical, they soon find that it doesn't work, but Aquaman and Aqualad find that their legs have been frozen in place. In order to save their lives, Quisp uses his magical powers to shrink Aquaman and Aqualad down to size in order to get away. Finding themselves weakened due to their time away from water, the two battle many miniature menaces in an attempt to find water. Thinking they've lucked out by finding a car, they find it's radiator doesn't have any water left in it.
Tricking a pelican to drop it's meal (spilling the water in it's mouth on them) Aquaman and Aqualad soon find that the effect of Quisp's magic is wearing off and they resume their normal size. Returning to the sea they're met by Quisp who tells them that the fire trolls stole a bunch of experimental rockets in a plot to turn the surface world into a blazing inferno that they will rule. Aquaman sends Quisp to trick the fire trolls to the surface to destroy a lab that supposedly has an even more powerful freezing solution than before. On the surface, they are sprayed with the remainder of the freeze solution, which immobilizes them long enough for Quisp to use his magic powers to shrink the creatures in size.
Gathered up and restrained, the fire trolls are returned to the underworld via a crack in the ocean floor that's later sealed with the help of Aquaman's undersea friends. After the trolls defeat, Aquaman and Aqualad bid their new friend Quisp farewell.
- This issue is divided into three chapters:
- Part I: Invasion of the Fire-Trolls
- Part II: One Hour to Doom
- Part III: The Sinister Secret of the Fire-Trolls
- This issue contains a "Homer" humor strip and a "Shorty" humor strip by Henry Boltinoff.
- This issue was published in the same month as Aquaman (Volume 2) #1, albeit twenty-four years apart.
- The issue number for this comic book appears on the interior indicia only and does not appear on the cover.
- Aquaman image gallery
- Aquaman appearances list
- Aquaman quotes page
- Aquaman (TV Series)
- Aqualad image gallery
- Aqualad appearances list
- Aqualad quotes page
- Quisp appearances list
- Topo appearances list
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 1 1
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at DCU Guide
- Aquaman at Comic Book Database
- Aquaman at Toonopedia
- Aquaman at TV Tropes
- Aquaman at Comics Alliance
- Aquaman at Hark! A Vagrant
- The Aquaman Shrine
- The Unofficial Aquaman Website