"The Aquaman from Atlantis": An Atlantean criminal named Pomoxis lures Aquaman into a trap. He uses a device which sends the sea king backwards in time some 2,500 years. Aquaman encounters the armies of Greece, who mistake him for the sea god, Poseidon. Meanwhile in
Appearing in "The Aquaman from Atlantis"
- Pomoxis (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Aquaman from Atlantis"
An Atlantean criminal named Pomoxis lures Aquaman into a trap. He uses a device which sends the sea king backwards in time some 2,500 years. Aquaman encounters the armies of Greece, who mistake him for the sea god, Poseidon. Meanwhile in the present, Pomoxis attempts to conquer Atlantis. Aqualad fights against him until such time that Aquaman can return to the present. Commanding an army of fish, the two heroes manage to defeat Pomoxis' battalion and restore order to Atlantis.
- This book was first published on March 22, 1962.
- Stamar, the ruler of Atlantis, is not named until his next appearance.
- This issue is divided into three chapters:
- Part I: The Aquaman from Atlantis
- Part II: The Double Doom
- Part III: The Battle of the Fish Armies
- This issue contains a "Stan" humor strip, and several educational strips concerning sea life.
- Aquaman image gallery
- Aquaman appearances list
- Aquaman quotes page
- Aquaman (TV Series)
- Aqualad image gallery
- Aqualad appearances list
- Aqualad quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 1 3
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at DCU Guide
- Aquaman at Comic Book Database
- Aquaman at Toonopedia
- Aquaman at TV Tropes
- Aquaman at Comics Alliance
- Aquaman at Hark! A Vagrant
- The Aquaman Shrine
- The Unofficial Aquaman Website