"Crime Wave!": The head of the crime syndicate which once kidnapped Mera has a new scam: kidnapping Aquaman and various surface people and subjecting them to a brainwashing process. The process involves confronting them with Thanatos, a monstrous version of themselves which
Appearing in "Crime Wave!"
- Thanatos (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Crime Wave!"
The head of the crime syndicate which once kidnapped Mera has a new scam: kidnapping Aquaman and various surface people and subjecting them to a brainwashing process. The process involves confronting them with Thanatos, a monstrous version of themselves which battles them and saps their strength, in a mental fantasy world. After the process is complete, each thinks he has been killed by Thanatos, and operates as a zombie, stealing for the syndicate at the leader’s will. Aquaman has a tough time with Thanatos, but finally defeats him in the mind-world shortly before the police crack the case, apprehend the syndicate head, and free Aquaman and the others.
- This book was first published on September 3, 1970.
- No special notes.
- Thanatos becomes a recurring adversary for Aquaman and makes several appearances throughout Aquaman (Volume 5).
- Aquaman image gallery
- Aquaman appearances list
- Aquaman quotes page
- Aquaman (TV Series)
- [[Mera (New Earth)/Gallery|Mera image gallery]]
- [[Mera (New Earth)/Appearances|Mera appearances list]]
- [[:Category:Mera (New Earth)/Quotes|Mera quotes page]]
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 1 54 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 1 54
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at DCU Guide
- Aquaman at Comic Book Database
- Aquaman at Toonopedia
- Aquaman at TV Tropes
- Aquaman at Comics Alliance
- Aquaman at Hark! A Vagrant
- The Aquaman Shrine
- The Unofficial Aquaman Website