"A Life for a Life!": Aquaman wants revenge on Black Manta for the murder of his son, Aquababy. He tracks down the sunken submarine that Manta is using for his base of operations, but Black Manta activates a serie
- That's right, Manta, tell us all about costs -- and payments! Like the payment you owe me for my son's life!
- -- Aquaman
Appearing in "A Life for a Life!"
- Storm the Seahorse (Cameo)
- The Conquestor
Synopsis for "A Life for a Life!"
Aquaman wants revenge on Black Manta for the murder of his son, Aquababy. He tracks down the sunken submarine that Manta is using for his base of operations, but Black Manta activates a series of robotic marine lifeforms to intercept him. Aquaman briefly tangles with a huge robotic squid, but he manages to wrestle his way free.
Elsewhere, the Fisherman interrogates General Horgan as to the location of the Bellerophon. Horgan accidentally reveals that it had sank in the Marianas Trench.
Aquaman boards Black Manta's ship and makes his way to the control room. Before he can reach him however, Manta activates a device that electrocutes Aquaman. He then attaches him to an old World War II catapult and launches him into a deadly mine field. One of Black Manta's lieutenants, Cal Durham, betrays Black Manta and changes Aquaman's trajectory so that he doesn't hit the mines. With Cal's help, he returns to the ship and fights Black Manta. Aquaman flies into a rage and nearly beats Manta to death. The scared villain begs for mercy and Aquaman calms down. Manta is arrested and handed over to the Navy.
- First issue after a seven-year hiatus.
- This issue shipped on May 16th, 1977.
- Includes "Daily Planet", volume 77, issue 20.
- Aquababy was murdered by Black Manta in Adventure Comics #452.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 1 57 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 1 57
- Aquaman Recommended Reading