Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Through a Past Darkly!": Aquaman returns home only to discover that Mera is missing. What he does find however is his old foe the Fisherman, lying in wait inside the Aquacave. He snares Aquaman inside a pressurized net. Aquaman's body chemistry
- ...you my son, shall carry on the heritage of Atlantis -- for you have the power to become ruler of all the oceans!
- -- Atlanna
Appearing in "Through a Past Darkly!"
- Aquaman (Flashback and main story)
- Fisherman's mini-sub
Synopsis for "Through a Past Darkly!"
Aquaman returns home only to discover that Mera is missing. What he does find however is his old foe the Fisherman, lying in wait inside the Aquacave. He snares Aquaman inside a pressurized net. Aquaman's body chemistry cannot compensate for the change in pressure quickly enough and he falls over unconscious.
When he comes to, he finds that the Fisherman has secured him to the solar panels of his father's old, abandoned lighthouse. Confident that he has at last defeated him, the Fisherman leaves Aquaman to his fate. As the rays of the sun dehydrate Aquaman, he reflects upon his childhood, growing up on this tiny island with his father Tom Curry and his Atlantean mother Atlanna. The memories bolster Aquaman's confidence and he eventually breaks free. He dives into the sea and begins his search for the Fisherman.
Appearing in "Return to Disaster"
Synopsis for "Return to Disaster"
Mera consults with Vulko while young Arthur Curry, Jr. lays dying. Vulko tells her that the scientists of Dimension Aqua might hold the key to saving the baby's life. Mera knows that she cannot bridge the dimensional gateway to her homeworld, but she is determined to try. She finds a small spatial aperture and widens it with her hard water powers. As she enters Dimension Aqua, she is immediately set upon by armed guards. Leading the squad is the warlord Leron. Leron tells her that he has captured her scientist ally Xebel and that they shall both be executed.
- This book was first published on July 14, 1977.
- Aquaman's origin is briefly recapped in this issue.
- The title to this issue, "Through a Past Darkly" is taken from the 1977 Phillip K. Dick novel Through a Scanner Darkly.
- Issue includes an advertisement for Hostess Twinkies featuring Wonder Woman titled "Cooky La Moo on Broadway".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 1 58 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 1 58
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at DCU Guide
- Aquaman at Comic Book Database
- Aquaman at Toonopedia
- Aquaman at TV Tropes
- Aquaman at Comics Alliance
- Aquaman at Hark! A Vagrant
- The Aquaman Shrine
- The Unofficial Aquaman Website