Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Queen to King's Seven": The Atlantean drones report in to their jellyfish masters. They indicate that there has been a substantial increase in resistance activity and there is definite cause for concern. There is also news that Mera has es
- I'll never rest until I've destroyed you!
- -- Mera
Appearing in "Queen to King's Seven"
- Poison gas
- Various Atlantean firearms
Synopsis for "Queen to King's Seven"
The Atlantean drones report in to their jellyfish masters. They indicate that there has been a substantial increase in resistance activity and there is definite cause for concern. There is also news that Mera has escaped confinement at the hospice center.
Meanwhile, Aquaman rallies the Atlantean prisoners together and they escape the Aquarium via secret aqueducts. They plant canisters of poison gas beneath and around the Atlantean Royal Palace and wait for the proper time to set them off.
As Aquaman inspects the target areas, he finally comes across his wife Mera. Mera is insane with rage, and still blames Aquaman for the death of their son. She creates hard-water daggers and begins hurling them at Aquaman. Aquaman has no desire to fight his wife, and goes to great length to avoid her attacks.
The resistance fighters activate the gas canisters and the poison fills the royal palace, killing the jellyfish present. This is their first true victory against the alien invaders, but there are many more to deal with. Hope grows within their hearts, for now at least, they stand a chance of fighting back.
Back at the palace, Mera continues her attack against Aquaman. Aquaman assumes a defensive posture and judo-flips Mera backwards, accidentally impaling her upon an sharpened piece of metal. He looks on in horror as his wife lies dead before him.
- Issue includes part three of a four-part editorial on the history of Aquaman by Mark Waid.
- The final fate of Mera is revealed next issue.
- Aquaman and Mera's son, Arthur Curry, Jr., was murdered by Black Manta in Adventure Comics #452.
- The title "Queen to King's Seven" is taken from a maneuver used in the game of Chess.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 3 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 3 3
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at DCU Guide
- Aquaman at Comic Book Database
- Aquaman at Toonopedia
- Aquaman at TV Tropes
- Aquaman at Comics Alliance
- Aquaman at Hark! A Vagrant
- The Aquaman Shrine
- The Unofficial Aquaman Website