"What Matters Most": Aquaman's old foe, Thanatos, secretly monitors him from within his private chambers in Dimension Aqua. Having witnessed Aquaman suffer a severe injury at the hands of Black Manta, Thanatos decides
- Come fight with me, little one. Come find out what the important things are.
- -- Thanatos
Appearing in "What Matters Most"
- Aqualad (In dream sequence only)
- Arthur Curry, Jr. (In dream sequence only)
- Justice League of America/Europe (In dream sequence only)
Synopsis for "What Matters Most"
Aquaman's old foe, Thanatos, secretly monitors him from within his private chambers in Dimension Aqua. Having witnessed Aquaman suffer a severe injury at the hands of Black Manta, Thanatos decides to torment his adversary by manipulating his dreams. Aquaman sees visions of his old allies, the Justice League, turning their backs on him. He also sees visions of Mera and his late son, Aquababy, both of whom continue to blame Aquaman for Aquababy's death. Aquaman eventually wakens and finds Doctor Diade and Vulko standing over him. He asks Vulko if he believes Aquababy would ever forgive him for letting him die, and Vulko tells him that he does.
- Black Manta killed Aquababy in Adventure Comics #452.
- The physical representation of Arthur Curry, Jr., as presented in this issue, is more in line with that of A.J., another son of Mera who will be introduced in future issues.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 4 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 4 7
- Aquaman Recommended Reading
Links and References
- Aquaman at Wikipedia.org
- Aquaman at DCU Guide
- Aquaman at Comic Book Database
- Aquaman at Toonopedia
- Aquaman at TV Tropes
- Aquaman at Comics Alliance
- Aquaman at Hark! A Vagrant
- The Aquaman Shrine
- The Unofficial Aquaman Website