"Castaway!": Atlanteans have captured Aquaman and they take him to Traitor's Reef, where they bind him to a rock and leave him to die. Aquaman finds that the denizens of the sea no longer follow his commands. He tries to access the JLA neural net to call for
- Orin, you have been judged guilty of the most unspeakable crime ever committed against the undersea kingdom. By the will of all water-breathing people, you are hereby condemned to death by dessication on Traitor's Reef. May great Oceanid have mercy on your soul.
- -- Vulko
Appearing in "Castaway!"
- Justice League
- Lady of the Lake (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Castaway!"
Atlanteans have captured Aquaman and they take him to Traitor's Reef, where they bind him to a rock and leave him to die. Aquaman finds that the denizens of the sea no longer follow his commands. He tries to access the JLA neural net to call for help but finds that somehow his access has been jammed. Summoning all his strength, Aquaman breaks free of his bonds. Atlantean guards at the shore prevent Aquaman from returning to the sea to renew his energy in the water. Tiring more with every step, he heads inland on the island and falls just feet from a lake. Unable to reach the water, he angrily tosses his hook into the water and passes out. Maidens rise from the lake, grasping the abandoned hook and bringing Aquaman into the lake, where he begins to regain his energy. It turns out that one of the maidens is the Lady of the Lake from the legend of Camelot and King Arthur. J'onn J'onzz (New Earth), having received Aquaman's distress call, flies to the island and finds Aquaman laying on the ground. When Arthur is awakened, we see that the hook on his left hand has been replaced by a hand composed of water.
- This book was first published on December 11, 2002.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Aquaman Vol 6 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Aquaman series
- Images from Aquaman Vol 6 1
- Aquaman Recommended Reading