Ardora was a native of the planet Lexor – a world that regarded Earth's criminal mastermind, Lex Luthor, as a hero. Lex first came to Lexor with his criminal partner, Brainiac, after escaping from the clutches of his most hated foe, Superman. He met Ardora and was amazed to find that this was a woman who liked him for who he was. Although Lex's initial visit to Lexor was brief, he returned time and time again, visiting Ardora with every visit. The two eventually fell in love and were married. Ardora bore Lex a son, Lex Luthor, Jr.
Like many on Lexor, Ardora believed that Superman was an evil entity who sought the destruction of their hero, Lex Luthor. She often collaborated with Lex and assisted him in stopping Superman at every available opportunity. When it was believed that Lex Luthor had died at Superman's hands, Ardora publicly decried him a murderer. Luthor survived however, but this did not change Ardora's feelings towards Superman. During a battle with Superman, Lex Luthor's warsuit accidentally overloaded a seismic device called a Neutrarod, which ultimately destroyed the entire planet. Ardora, her son Lex Jr., and millions of Lexorians died in the explosion.
- This version of Ardora (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 11 Appearances of Ardora (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Ardora (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Ardora (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Ardora (Earth-One)