Thus far, nothing has been revealed about the early life of the villain calling himself Argus, including how he gained his metahuman powers or how he decided to use them for criminal purposes.
Argus has the metahuman power to telepathically follow events from great distances; presumably, it is that ability to "see" things no one else can that led him to adopt the name Argus, which is known from Greek mythology to refer to a demi-god who had 1,000 eyes and could see anything and everything. It is also presumably his choice of that name which made him seem like an attractive ally to the Gotham City, crimelord Maxie Zeus.
Argus first became known to the general public when Maxie Zeus hired him, and five other metahumans who also drew their nomenclature from Greek mythology, to assist him in staging an attack on the Summer Olympics of that year, which were held in Los Angeles. The resulting team was dubbed by Zeus the New Olympians. The attack was foiled by the costumed super-heroes known as the Outsiders, who were led at that time by the Batman. Argus and the other New Olympians were arrested, convicted and given strong prison sentences; Argus continues to serve his at this writing.
In later years, Argus, along with his teammates, was executed by William Matthews, also known as Gog.
can telepathically follow events from great distances
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 4 Appearances of Argus (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Argus (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Argus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Argus (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Outsiders Villain(s) |