|Real Name||Aristides Demetrios|
|Affiliation||Global Guardians, Ultramarine Corps|
|Base Of Operations||The Dome, Paris, France|
|Universe||Earth-One, New Earth|
|Place of Birth||Greece|
|Creators||E. Nelson Bridwell, Ramona Fradon|
Aristides Demetrios, alias the Olympian is a hefty Greek man who wears the mystical Golden Fleece, which grants him the strength of Hercules in addition to various other powers connected to the heroes who were counted among the Argonauts. He is recruited as the representative for Greece in the Global Guardians. Whilst in service with the team he helps Superman stop the gathering of mystical artifacts designed to bring back the villain Thaumar Dhai. They encounter Echidne, an old adversary of the Olympian, a beautiful woman with a long, gigantic snake form instead of legs. Olympian would later join Superman and many fellow Guardians on Easter Island. They would again battle Echidne and her her fellow mystics. Dhai's mystical return is reversed and he is seemingly destroyed. The Greek hero later meets Fury of Infinity Inc. 
Olympian protests when the original Icemaiden, leaves the Global Guardians because of her feelings of inadequacy. When he learned that his fellow members of the Global Guardians were to be supported by the Bialyan dictator Queen Bee, Olympian joined up. An unwitting participant in a public relations ploy, the Olympian helped his teammates and Justice League Europe battle a giant, alien robot on the grounds of the League's embassy. This robot was sent by the Queen Bee herself, using technology stolen from a now-dead member of the alien Dominators. The Queen did not care if the robot ended up killing any of the Guardians. The Olympian and Godiva help save nearby confused well-wishers from being crushed when the damaged robot threatened to fall on them. After the Queen Bee died, her successor diagnosed Olympian with schizophrenia and arrested him. He later reunited with the other Global Guardians and has remained a member since. 
A romantic relationship with Dora Leigh (Godiva), his teammate in the Global Guardians, is interrupted when an ancient villain named Fain Y'onia attacks the duo in London. A brief battle with Fain Y'onia leaves them both injured and Godiva apparently powerless. Other Guardians were rendered powerless by the villain and Bushmaster was slain. The Olympian rallies with the able-bodied members of the Guardians and ambushes Fain in the Arizona desert. During the battle, Tuatara is badly injured and Thunderlord is slain. The Wild Huntsman and Fain Y'onia vanish from this reality. The Olympian is the one who theorizes that the Huntsman's final purpose was to do exactly that and that both will return one day. 
The Olympian is later seen as a member of the Ultramarine Corps. He also appears in a failed attempt to gain the aid of the Spectre. The Olympian returned as the guardian of Cassie Sandsmark and her mother Helena, a position appointed to him by Zeus.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Mental Illness: Prolonged use of the Golden Fleece has had an adverse affect on the Olympian's psyche. Through it, he has become influenced by the personalities of ancient warriors and has inherited their need to boast.
- The remaining Argonauts (Acastus, Cytissorus, Echion, Ancaeus the Lesser, Laocoön, Oileus, Palaemon, Palaimonius, Phrontis, Polyphemos, Talaus, Telamon, Ampliaraus, Eurytus, Phanus, Peneleos, Leitus, and Ialmenus) gave him a wide range of skill with virtually every weapon of ancient Greece.
- He has no particular resistance, however, to pheromone-based mind control, and he often is more susceptible to this style than others.
- 22 Appearances of Aristides Demetrios (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Aristides Demetrios (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Aristides Demetrios (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Aristides Demetrios (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: