Arnold Hugo was a scientist from Gotham City, who never achieved notoriety on his career of choice. Hugo eventually turned to crime after he was ignored by the Historical Society of Gotham, despite being the descendant of a very important historical figure. Hugo tried to sabotage the Society's events, but his plans were often foiled by Batman and Robin. After a couple of his crimes failed, Hugo decided to increase his intellect using one of his own inventions. While he became smarter, his head also became larger than normal. Using his newfound intellect, Hugo created special Robots that would help him on his evil plans. After he captured Batman and Robin, he prepared a special machine to serve as an artificial moon, which would ultimately cause the destruction of the planet. Hugo's plan however was once again foiled by the Dynamic Duo, who escaped Hugo's trap and used his own robots to stop him. Afterwards, Hugo was arrested and taken to prison.
After clashing with the Caped Crusaders, Professor Hugo escaped from prison and went on to bedevil the Martian Manhunter. The Martian returned Hugo to prison, which was the last that was heard from him.
- This version of Professor Hugo, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 6 Appearances of Arnold Hugo (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Arnold Hugo (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Arnold Hugo (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Arnold Hugo (Earth-One)
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |