Shockwave is a professional mercenary equipped with a high-tech suit of armor of unknown origin. He has at one time or another been employed by Metallo, the 1000 and others and has been a frequent opponent of superheroes such as Blue Devil and Booster Gold.
- Shockwave Armor: At least three iterations of this armor were developed. All of them provided:
- Superhuman Strength: Shockwave's armour had a "power booster" that allowed him to modulated his strength. He could tear down an apartment building with his hands or create mini-earthquakes by stomping his foot.
- Superhuman Durability: Shockwave was incredibly resilient, shrugging of punches from Blue Devil and withstanding twenty thousand volts.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- The character was redesigned twice after being introduced in Blue Devil #2 (1984). The first being Titans #23 (2001), and the second being 52 #3 (2006).
- 19 Appearances of Arnold Pruett (New Earth)
- 13 Images featuring Arnold Pruett (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Arnold Pruett (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Arnold Pruett (New Earth)