King Arthur is a legendary British leader of the 6th Century. His history is shrouded in folklore and literary invention, though the stories confirmed that he became a great warrior of Camelot under the tutelage of the wizard Merlin and defended Britain from hostile invaders, both natural and the supernatural, and becoming the founder of the Knights of the Round Table.
Later in his life, Arthur became the archnemesis of his half-sister and sorceress Morgaine le Fey, who blamed him for stealing her birthright and plotted to destroy his kingdom. At one point, Arthur was seduced by le Fey and resulting in a son named Mordred, whom Le Fey raised him to kill Arthur's father, Uther Pendragon.
Arthur Pendragon possesses no superhuman abilities
- Arthur Pendragon possesses the normal human strength of a man who regularly engages in intensive physical exercise and can lift at least twice his own body weight.
- While the character was created by Rafael Astarita for New Comics, this version of the character was refined and redesigned by many other writers and artists.
- In the pre-Crisis Multiverse, Earth-Two, Earth-S and Earth-One each had a separate and distinct King Arthur. On the post-Crisis New Earth, those three characters were combined into one being.
- This character is an adaptation of King Arthur, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 52 Appearances of Arthur Pendragon (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Arthur Pendragon (New Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Arthur Pendragon (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Arthur Pendragon (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: