Arthur Sadim was an spelunker, whose main goal was to explore all caves known to man. During one of his expeditions, he was trapped inside a cave with a big boulder of Green Kryptonite, which was attached to a magma crater. The combination of heat energy and the kryptonite, gradually transformed Sadim into an stalagmite creature.
The power of the kryptonite allowed him to create more being like him as well as transform worms into giant creatures at his command. Using the bodies of other explorers he captured through the years, he morphed them into more of his own kind and Sadim adopted the name of Stalagron, the leader of their kind.
When the magma core started to lose it's power, Stalagron sought to create a new power source for the rock and he created a big tremor which in turn allowed the creation of a volcano near Gotham City. His plans were thwarted by the combined forces of Superman and Batman and Stalagron died in his confrontation with the Man of Steel.
- This version of Stalagron, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Arthur Sadim (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Arthur Sadim (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Arthur Sadim (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Arthur Sadim (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."