Ted Sommar was a seemingly meek little man, a successful businessman with a domineering wife, who was unfortunately a homicidal maniac. Pushed over the edge by his wife's humming, he murdered her one day, and was shortly afterward accidentally irradiated by a ray beam fired in the general direction of the Freedom Fighters by Kylor and Nimak, two passing adolescents from the anti-matter world of Qward. Mutated instantaneously into 'Skragg the Super Sniper' (for reasons which remain unclear), Sommar went on a rampage, destroying the buildings of companies where he served as a director, but was apprehended by the Freedom Fighters. Awakening in a daze, Sommar seemed unaware of what had happened to him or what he had done, and was horrified to find he no longer had any hands. He asked to be allowed to make the one phone call he was entitled to, but upon being connected to the operator, went crazy again, broke free and fought the Freedom Fighters again before falling, apparently to his death, from a building because he overbalanced and had no way of grabbing hold of anything to save himself.
- This version of Arthur T. Sommar (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Arthur T. Sommar (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Arthur T. Sommar (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Arthur T. Sommar (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Arthur T. Sommar (Earth-One)